Theatre Arts Major
*** Information about degree requirements and courses is provided here for unofficial reference only and should NOT be used as a replacement for advising.It is imperative that you refer to the official Edgewood College course catalogue and consult with your advisor to ensure you are meeting your degree requirements.
A minimum of 40 core credits, including
- THA 265 BK Acting I
- THA 269 ADU Script Analysis
- THA 290 Stagecraft I
- THA 292 Theatre Practicum for majors (9 credits)
- THA 336 C Development of Dramatic Arts I
- THA 337 A Development of Dramatic Arts II
- THA 338 Modern and Contemporary Drama
- THA 370 BX Directing I
- THA 390 B Theatre Design Elements
- THA 470 One-Act Play Production
The major includes a minimum of 9 credits beyond the core within one specialized area, to be selected from Theatre Studies, Technical/Design, Theatre for Youth, Performance or Musical Theatre emphases.
All majors will serve as Production Stage Manager and head each of the following crews: costumes, dramaturgy, lights, makeup, props, sets, sound and theatre management.
- All majors are required to attend regularly scheduled Theatre Assembly meetings, all theatre productions and studios, and at least one audition per academic year.
- All majors are required to keep a portfolio of their work, to be reviewed annually after students have earned 30 credits.
- Courses required for the Theatre Arts majors are regularly offered on a rotating basis, normally within a two-year cycle. Students are urged to consult the Department of Theatre Arts website for information regarding this sequence, so that requirements may be fulfilled within the normal pattern.
- Theatre Arts majors and Theatre Education majors are required to maintain at least a 2.75 GPA in their theatre courses.